Why Do I Need a Trust Protector?
Oftentimes, unforeseen circumstances such as death or divorce can change the course of previously agreed-upon trust terms. If the trust creator becomes dissatisfied with how the beneficiary is choosing to use trust funds or assets, they can hire a trust protector to perform certain fiduciary duties. Some situations where you may need a trust protector include:
- You or a beneficiary have a creditor issue that could put your trust at risk
- You or a beneficiary are going through a divorce that could endanger your trust
- Your trustee is behaving inappropriately or incompetently and not accomplishing the goals of your trust
- A beneficiary is harassing your trustee or threatening frivolous litigation
- A change in circumstances requires the trust be moved to another state or jurisdiction to avoid harm, such as a change in tax laws or state laws
What Is a Letter of Wishes?
A letter of wishes is a declaration in which you explain the purposes of your trust and how you envision its administration. It is imperative that as trust protector, we clearly understand the intent behind your trust. Knowing your intent allows us to ensure it is carried out.
Trust Protection Services to Safeguard Your Legacy
We’re here to help – We listen to the individual needs of our clients and handle all trust-related matters with the utmost discretion, integrity, and attention to detail. Please contact our team to learn more information about our process, services, and pricing. Lifeboat provides trust protector and distribution adviser services to individuals in all 50 states. We look forward to meeting you and working together to protect your assets and alleviate the stress of managing your trust.
Meet Our Team
James J. Flick
James M. Flick
Meghan A. Collins
Client Programs Manager
See How Our Clients Have Benefited
You can rely on Lifeboat Trust Services to protect you and your beneficiaries and ensure your trust is administered as intended.
I have worked with Jim Flick for over 8 years, and there is nobody out there like him and his team. He has a background not only in estate planning and business law, but also has in-depth tax knowledge. His expertise has guided me into making some great decisions and employing strategies that have paid off in the long-term. He is always on top of the industry changes and keeping me ahead of the game.